NPTEL Project Management Week 5 Assignment Answers:- In this post, we have provided the answers to the NPTEL Project Management Week 5
NPTEL Project Management Week 5 Assignment Answers 2022
Q1. Which is/are features of PERT/CPM?
- An estimate of how long a project will take.
- A graphical display of project activities.
- All the above
Answer:- All the above
Q2. In PERT, slack time equals
- LST – EST
- EFT – EST
Answer:- LST - EST
Q3. Which of the following is one of the assumptions of PERT?
- Total project completion time follows a normal probability distribution.
- Activity times are dependent and correlated.
- Project completion time follows a skewed chi-square distribution.
- Activity times are known with certainty.
Answer:- Total project completion time follows a normal probability distribution.
Q4. For the Project network shown, answer the Questions 4 and 5 based on the data provided.
What is the critical path?
Q5. What is the probability of meeting a desired 26 weeks completion time?
Q6. An important assumption in PERT calculations is:
- Activity times are normally distributed.
- Activity times are independent.
- A and B
- A and C
Answer:- Activity times are independent.
Q7. If ta, tm and tb are the optimistic time, most likely time and pessimistic time respectively in PERT network then the expected value formula is
- (ta + 3tm + tb)/6
- (ta + 4tm + tb)/6
- (ta – 4tm + tb)/6
- (ta – 3tm + tb)/6
Answer:- (ta + 4tm + tb)/6
The tasks, their respective precedence and their respective times for a job which has these activities, are given as follows
The time to complete the job is
Q9. The ES and EF for activity C is
Answer:- ES = 7 and EF = 10
Q10. Float is available for activity/activities
Answer:- Activity A